Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Spicy Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa!

Okay, I know this sounds like a crazy combination... But if you truly appreciate chocolate and unique flavors... I think you might like it! 

Especially on a cold day... This will warm you right up!



Oh! This is my very first recipe that I have actually written down to share with the world! I hope you like it, and if you have any tips or suggestions, let me know! 


Spicy PB Hot Cocoa

(Serves 1)

1/2 Cup .......Milk of Choice (almond, coconut, sunflower)
1/2 Cup .......Filtered Water (or skip and do 1 full cup milk)
1 Tbsp ........Cocao Nibs* or Cocoa Powder
1 Tbsp ........Coconut Sugar
1/2 Tbsp** ....Honey
1 1/2 Tbsp ...Creamy Peanut Butter***
Pinch of salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper to desired taste! ****

If using cocao nibs: Grind cocao nibs and coconut sugar. (I use a magic bullet. A food processor would probably work too.) 

Heat milk and water on medium heat. Once warm, add honey and peanut butter and mix with whisk or fork. Next add the cocao and coconut sugar and continue to stir until the mixture is hot. Pour into a mug and enjoy! 

* I grind the cocao nibs because it gives the drink a lovely texture. If you prefer it smooth, use powder.
** 1/2 Tbsp is equal to 1 1/2 tsp
*** You could also sub sunflower seed butter or almond butter, it will just have a different taste. The nut/seed butter gives this a thick texture and keeps the cocoa and spices from sinking to the bottom. If using peanut butter, use organic. At the very least...use peanut butter labeled 'natural' that doesn't contain any hydrogenated oils! 
**** Experiment! If you like it sweeter (and aren't worried about sugar) add a little more honey. Or you could try adding some cinnamon (which will help to balance blood sugar levels since this is a sweet drink). 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't wait to try this!! I just need a few things. AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete