Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Full of Wonder

I love nights like tonight. I think they don't happen as often as I would like... Man! There are so many things running through my mind right now. This post will probably be more of a ramble so sorry if it gets confusing or seems unorganized! Okay so tonight I hung out with my family... we just sat and talked. We talked about the wonder of our God, this earth and universe, the heavens, the Bible, and history. It's so crazy to think about, and truly fills my heart with praise and yearning to know and understand our Creator more. This is time that I feel is of true quality. So often our time is spent in a kind of wasteful way to be honest... watching movies or playing card games. I don't think those are bad necessarily, but like I said.. maybe just a waste of time in some cases. I guess I just don't know how to find the balance. Is it important to have fun? What is important? What are the things we need? How can we even define what those words mean? I have so many questions... and am truly amazed at how God continually reveals small truths to me. 

This story we are a small part of... is so perfect. It's a mystery wrapped up in a love story. Our minds can only begin to comprehend it. I like to look at the big picture of things... and I say that a lot... But I'm realizing that what I understand to be the big picture... is still only a small portion of the real big picture. I think that Almighty God is the only one that knows what that is. I can't wait to keep learning. 

I am so blessed to have the family that I have. The unity that the six of us have is so beautiful. It hasn't always been this way, but I believe that our bond has only gotten stronger. I know it is because the foundation of each of our lives is in Christ. His love is what binds us. I was thinking about it when we were all sitting and talking...what an amazing gift that my family is. I love that we can sit and talk about the things we do. I love how strong of a connection that we all have. It is so crazy to see where God has taken us and what He has been teaching us over the years. My dad is full of integrity and passion as the leader of our family. My mom is truly a woman with a gentle and kind spirit, her beauty is true and noble. It is so inspiring! I don't want to in any way brag about them. I know that this is a rare blessing. I'm not saying that my family is perfect either. It breaks my heart to see families broken apart and family members betrayed. There are such horrific things that happen in this world, but God desires to save us. He is the perfect Father. The very definition of love, beauty, and truth. And He loves you! He thinks you are beautiful and wants so badly for you to see the truth. But we have the choice of whether or not we will open the door and invite Him in. It is our choice to develop that relationship with Him- a relationship that is true and wonderful. 

There is so much wonder. Our God is full of a never ending amount of it. I wonder if, when we get to heaven, if we will have all the answers, or if we will continue to learn throughout eternity. I wonder what is beyond our universe. I wonder what is in the unexplored depths of the seas. I wonder what my purpose is in this story. I wonder what it will really be like in the throne room of God. I wonder about the beauty and creation that I have yet to see...what colors and design and music will surround us in heaven. 

AH it blows my mind. 


Let praise come from my lips all my days, your love overtake me and flow through my veins! Let heaven on earth be reality here; let your kingdom come and your glory draw near!

No comments:

Post a Comment