Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

I've got this JOY!

Do you guys remember that song? I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart... Where? Down in my heart to stay! Wow brings back some childhood memories... anyways, this song is echoing in my heart right now. I have this deep abounding joy, and it is unlike anything imaginable. God is so good. If you haven't heard that song, go check it out here, its cute. And everyone should check out this video... because its awesome. Anyhow...

Let me share about a moment I had with God. Okay for starters, I had an amazing conversation tonight. It's so great how much joy you can get just from communicating! After this conversation I didn't want it to end so I started talking to God and thanking Him for...well a lot of things, and listening to what He had to say as well. I was driving home, and as I pulled into my neighborhood I couldn't help but smile. Just thinking about God and what I know about Him is incredible, and I can't help but smile and feel so much joy when I do. So that is when this song pops into my head. I start to think about joy- about what it means, and why I have it. My heart begins to sing to its own tune "I've got this joy so deep in my heart, down in my heart to stay..." So as I am singing this song and pulling up to my house, there is a random car parked in front on the street, and I happen to look at the license plate which reads "JOY4GOD". As I realized what just happened, I sat there with Him in my driveway for a minute... soaked in the joy... laughed with Him, and worshiped Him. I love the little things God does to affirm my faith. I cherish that moment with Him, and am filled with even more joy knowing that He did that for me. Some people may just say that is a coincidence...but I've realized that there is no such thing. God speaks to us all the time, and how often do we step out of this world in communion with Him and listen? I could have easily thought about other things and become distracted (which I don't doubt has happened many times in the past). I probably wouldn't have thought about that song, and maybe not even noticed the license plate. But when we seek God, and put the smallest amount of effort to be with Him, He reveals Himself.


All this talk of joy reminded me of one of my favorite verses...


1 Peter 1:8-9

Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

I'm so happy, so very happy, I have the love of Jesus in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment